Chundu Island Accommodation
Chundu Island is a stunning 1.4km long island on the Zambezi River, incorporated in the Zambezi National Park. In keeping with the conservation ethic of the park, we have limited the use of cement, building mostly temporary structures that will leave no lasting footprint.
Rooms are constructed on raised wooden decks, and clad with a double wall of canvas and generous windows of Soltis, ensuring panoramic views from the comfort of your room. Rooms are spacious and tasteful, with pale wooden flooring, a walk in wardrobe, bathroom en-suite and an outdoor shower with a river-view. Palm thatched roofs complete the island ambience, with indoor and outdoor fans to ensure year round comfort.
Between the many activities on offer, guests can relax in the swimming pool or take in the views from the daybeds of their shaded patios while looking out for wildlife on the opposite bank in the Zambezi National Park. Delicious meals are served in the lodge’s dining room with an extensive view of the Zambezi. The lounge, with its distinctive bar, wine cellar, cozy fireplace and sprawling deck perfectly situated to view the sun setting over the Zambezi is the ideal place to end the day.
Minimum concrete was used in the construction of the lodge, and care has been taken in laying out the lodge. Solar lighting is used, buildings are raised from the ground and waste is removed from the island and sorted for recycling.
Each spacious bedroom has has both an en-suite bathroom including a deep, freestanding bath, two basins, a walk in wardrobe a separate toilet and an outdoor shower with a river-view. Large and private decks with stunning views are equipped with daybeds, a fan and table and chairs
All our bedrooms have the following features:
- Double Vanity
- Outdoor Shower
- Overhead Fans – indoor and out
- Mosquito Nets
- Basic complimentary laundry Service (wash and fold)
- No Smoking
- Tea & Coffee Station (with flasks of hot water delivered to your room 3 times a day)
- Swimming pool
- Lounge – with fire place
- Dining Room – with fire place
- Bar with an incredible view
- In-room massages
- Chundu Island guest rooms are available for check in from 13h00
- Please advise ETA. Lunch is available on the day of check in from 13h00 until 14h30.
- Rooms must be vacated by 10h30am on your day of departure.
- Children over the age of 6 are welcome, younger children may only be accommodated if the family has booked exclusive use of the lodge.
- Child policy applies to children 18 years and younger
- Only 1 additional bed can be accommodated per room. Please note that the additional bed used is a narrow roll away bed that is not suitable for persons older than 16 years
- Children under the age of 16 cannot participate in game walks or canoeing.
- Baby Sitters are available during activity times and adult dinner time. 24 hours’ notice is required.
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO BOOK AT CHUNDU ISLAND
Chundu Island, only 21kms upstream from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is a very special destination. I can think of a lot more than 5 good reasons to stay there, but as that would be at odds with the title of this article, I have been limited to the 5 most compelling reasons... READ MORE »